- The Circle Maker Praying Circles Around Your Biggest Dreams and Greatest Fears By Mark Batterson (Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 2011) 217 pp., Paper, $14.99
- The God Who Is There Finding Your Place in God’s Story By D. A. Carson (Grand Rapids: Baker Books, 2010) 233 pp. Paper, $16.99
- The Less Traveled Road and the Bible, A Scriptural Critique of the Philosophy of M. Scott Peck by H. Wayne House and Richard Abanes (Camp Hill, PA: Horizon Books: 1995), 248 pp.
- The Ways of the Alongsider Growing Disciples Life2Life By Bill Mowry (Colorado Springs: NavPress, 2012), 151 pp., paper $14.99
- Life Before Death A restored Regenerated and Renewed Life By Ian Leitch (Larkspur, CO: Grace Acres Press, 2007) 133 pp. + XXVI, Paper $14.95
Reviews RSS Feed
Reviews by Email
Receive email alerts when new reviews are added to our site.
The Truth War by John MacArthur
In this volume rather than targeting a particular movement or concern the author takes a scatter-gun approach. He discusses the emergent church movement, John Armstrong’s theological flip-flop, the dangers of both modernity and postmodernity, ancient and current Gnosticism, the “Prayer of Jabez,” the “Purpose Driven Life” and the need for proper hermeneutics. In addition, there are a couple of expositional chapters on the epistle of Jude and a quick run through of the heresies of ancient church history.
MacArthur moves rapidly and paints broadly as he details the many concerns he rightly believes faces God’s people today. The Truth War is worth a careful reading for its content as well as for its inspiration to hold the biblical line against the wolves that are springing up among the flock of God in the twenty-first century.